Monday, June 21, 2010

Week 7 Weigh-In

Pre-pre op diet: 265
Starting weight: 261
Today's Weight: 233
Total loss = 32# or
28# in the 49 days since banding.

I was going to whine for a moment about only losing 2lbs this week. Then I realized, I lost two freaking pounds this week!
Granted, it wasn't the three pound loss that I had been maintaining for the last few weigh-ins, nor was it the five pounds I was secretly hoping for. It also wasn't a no-change week or a gain. So really, I have nothing to complain about.
I probably could have kept up the three, but that damn delivery man kept showing up at my door with pizza and Chinese, and Mexican food. Who was I to make him go away?
Not to worry! I went grocery shopping today and now the kitchen is filled with appropriate foods. I even got a new protein bar to try for breakfast tomorrow.

On the band front:
  • Nine days left until my first fill.
  • 3lbs away from my 2nd goal "Rare"
  • I am 2-3 clothing sizes smaller than I started out
On the me front:
  • I am BUSY!
  • I am probably the only person left in the USA who doesn't get email on her cell phone.
  • I am 52% of the way to seeing Husband for two weeks on his break from Afghanistan.

As an aside, I am really glad that you ::coughtrampscough:: ladies in blog land have finally let all the sex talk rest. I was starting to go bananas. GAH! What is it with me and the phallic symbolism? You'd think I've been away from Husband for FOUR MONTHS or something...


7 comments:

  1. Awesome job! 2lbs is a great loss!!

    YEAH for being closer to seeing your DH!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Deployments suck, that's all there is to it! I'm glad that you're getting close to see him though, R&R is awesome! Great job on the weight loss!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 2 lbs a week is great! That is my goal...10 lbs a month...in a year 120 lbs...you would disappear! :) Your hubby will not recognize you when he sees you. Keep counting the days and pounds...You are doing wonderfully!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know, I've noticed a sweet side effect to some of my lady friends with husbands on active duty - they are always the most passionately in love with their spouses!! You can always tell a military wife! I guess absence really does make the heart grow fonder! ;)

    Congrats on the progress, you're doing sooooooooo good!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are doing great! and you just sound soooo much happier than you did when you started this whole journey...it radiates through your words. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't get email on my phone either. ;)

    ~Sarah
    http://nwanonymom.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. GREAT WL...so jealous...mine averaged 1.5. Thanks for the info. on the GB...the X-ray doc had also had hers out and I asked about pain after...she just looked at me like I was crazy! Well, it gives me something else to Google until they call! Thanks GF!!! And keep it up, your DH is going to be all over you! PS no email on my phone either...

    ReplyDelete