Friday, April 23, 2010

My 1st BYOC

1. Name a career you would NOT want to do and tell why.

Hmm... This one is hard because I'm a Gemini (if you buy into astrology) and essentially have multiple personalities... I still don't know what I want to be when I grow up. I've been interested in tons of things and all of them are as random as the next. WAIT! I know! I wouldn't ever, ever want to be one of the guys that work on building highways and roads. That has to be the hottest, sweatiest, smelliest job. I totally see the need for it and thank them for the backbreaking, miserable work they do, but there is no way I'd ever be able to hang with them.

2. What is the best present you've ever received for your birthday?

Eight years ago, one of my oldest friends was in an automobile accident and was paralyzed from the shoulders down. He was in ICU for a very long time and then spent months in a rehab facility. That year, he got to come home from the physical rehab facility on my birthday. He passed away five years ago (September) from a brain aneurysm. At the time, we were so hopeful and I thought it was a sign of good things to come that he got to move back home on my birthday. I will always remember that birthday and the hope we had.

3. What do you hide behind?
My FAT - Did you know that you are practically invisible when you're fat? No one looks at you with anything other than disdain or pity. If something doesn't work out it's not because you weren't good enough, it's because you were too fat to try or someone was biased because you are fat. Nothing like a fattie basher to justify feelings on inadequacy. I can't go do fun stuff because I'm too uncomfortable. I can't become part of the "in crowd" because that requires socializing and I can't let anyone see the fat girl eat. Like they don't know I sit at home and devour a whole 13x9 pan of brownies with a quart of Bryer's Vanilla Bean Ice Cream. Please. Everyone know's the fat girl eats. I just can't bring myself to do it in public.

My KIDS - Let's face it, my schedule is booked. Up through the end of this summer... After that all my children will be full time school age and I will have my days (mostly) free. Granted my middle child will still have Autism Therapy twice a week so finding a job will be difficult at best, but that is beside the point. I am terrified that I will turn out to be a horrible house keeper and I still won't take care of myself. Having the time and freedom to do things freaks me right out, because I'm afraid of failing. I am great at shuttling kids, balancing complex schedules, and running myself through the wringer to fit it all in. What if I just fail at life in general when what I do is left completely up to me?


4. Where were you born?

South-west Tennessee

5. Which BLOG/comment affected you greatly this week?

BLOGS: Sparkler's blog about diet fatigue really hit home for me. As my banding day approaches I find my self worrying that this might not work or I'll be slow to drop weight. She really put it in perspective and reminded me that any loss no matter how slow is better than a gain and this is about keeping it off not crashing it off.
COMMENT: amandakiska's comment on my burden blog. I don't know why it didn't occur to me that other people do things because it makes them feel good. I mean, I knew that, but I wasn't applying it to things others do for me.

1 comment:

  1. You are doing so great - soul-searching, reaching out...making progress even before your band. You are going to be so successful. I can already tell. Awesome answers - truly. Don't forget to grab your ho-bag award for answering. Smooches!

    ReplyDelete