Tuesday, April 6, 2010

I'm In... Waiting for the Phone to Ring

I went in for my consultation with my Bariatric RN. I don't know what I was expecting of this appointment, but it was fast and painless. Basically she took the forms I brought in and made sure all my specialty appointments were kept and recorded. Then she emailed the surgeon and told me to have a nice day.
The next phone call I will get will be from her with options for surgery dates. I of course was hoping for less than a month away, but she said all of April was already booked up. It looks like I'll be on the slate sometime between the end of May and the end of July.
BAH!


I've been alternating between meticulously following the post-banding rules and stuffing myself silly with whatever I can get my hands on. I really need to get it together because the last thing I want to do is gain before I go back.

When decided to write this blog, I had the idea in my head that I would be able to keep it just about surgery, recovery, and weight-loss. I intended to not talk too much about my family or get caught up in other aspects of my personal life. Clearly I did not think this through.

I realized (while I was feeling sick after eating three portions of dinner and washing it down with too much dessert) that I wasn't even hungry.
I'm miserably lonely. My bio says that I'm married to a soldier. What it doesn't say is that he's recently deployed to a combat zone. It also doesn't say that he is my best friend. You see, I don't have any in-person girlfriends. All of my former "besties" are scattered across the country. I say former because aside from the occasional facebook message, we don't talk. I spend my days shuttling my kids to and from two different schools with three different start and end times and taking one of my children to therapy for Autism. Its hard to make friends in the car or in waiting rooms.

Hi! My name is Cheeseburger Girl and I have an unhealthy relationship with food. It is my replacement best friend, sex substitute, anxiety/anger management tool, and my worst enemy. Food is my abusive extra-marital affair.

4 comments:

  1. You'll be getting that date soon...monumental milestone in htis process!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I understand your relationship to food. Just know that you have a friend (albeit an online one) in me :)

    You will get a date soon enough and it will be here before you know it! That is how it happened to me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well said Cheeseburger Girl! I was just saying to my husband at lunchtime today that food is not just about hunger for people with a weight problem. It serves so many other purposes - mostly emotional. You're not alone in that...I hear ya.

    ReplyDelete
  4. first of all, THANK YOU TO YOUR HUSBAND FOR WHAT HE DOES!

    with that being said, keep your head up. as i've said before, this process isn't easy. at least you recognize what is going with you and inside your head. that is what's going to help you realize if/when you get off track post banding.

    can't wait for your date. you also have a friend in me. keep us posted.

    ReplyDelete